Skip the stress of travel and let us do the work. We pick you up from the airport and take you to your destination whether it’s in Cancun or on Isla Mujeres.
Swim with Whale Sharks
All people booking online now will get the pics of the day for FREE! not enought? we guarantee you will see a whale shark.
- PUBLIC TOUR
- From Isla Mujeres. BOOKING before Season
- From Cancun / Mayan Riviera. BOOKING before season
- PRIVATE TOURS
- Isla Mujeres Small Group (1-5 people) BOOKING before season
- Isla Mujeres Large Group (6-10 people) BOOKING before season
- Cancun Small Group (1-5 people) BOOKING before season
- Cancun Large Group (6-10 people) BOOKING before season
Swim with the largest and most gentle fish in the world!
There’s no experience quite like swimming with whale sharks. Get up close to these gentle giants and make lasting memories on this wonderful trip.
If you need transportation, we´ll pick you up at your hotel’s lobby in one of our comfortable, modern, air-conditioned vehicles whether you are staying in Cancun or Playa del Carmen. From there, we´ll take you to our meeting point for registration and a continental breakfast. After breakfast, registration and remaining payments, we will be ready to go on expedition to swim with whale sharks!
Itinerary – If you are staying in Cancun and Mayan Riviera
We start our boat expedition traveling north for about 50 minutes to reach the feeding grounds. We´ll spend around 2.5 hours snorkeling and swimming with the whale sharks with a certified guide at all times, taking turns of 2 people per jump with the guide, each jump time will depend on each person physically strength. With a little luck, we´ll get to see some manta rays, too!
After this unique experience, we´ll provide sandwiches as we head back. We´ll stop at the north beach of Isla Mujeres for a delicious fish ceviche and chips, however, if we end close to Contoy Island and a really nice reef such as “Ixlaché” we may trade north beach for this beautiful and very alive reef snorkel.
We will be back at terminal around 1:00 pm.
(Depending on conditions times may very)
Itinerary Details – Isla Mujeres
At 8:00 am not before, we will be waiting for you at our new local family-owned Marina Pepe y Olga located down by the colonia electricistas, behind the junior high school, so we are 2 km from downtown and 5 from south end for registration and a continental breakfast, if you don´t have a golf cart or vehicle don´t worry we will send a taxi to pick you up included in your ticket. (If your lodging place has a dock, we can pick you up at it by skipping breakfast)
around 8:30 am we should start getting on board the boats to get us directly to the whale sharks’ area ¨We are not taking you to mainland or cancun area to pick up more people¨
We start our boat expedition traveling north for about 50 minutes to reach the feeding grounds. We´ll spend up to 2.5 hours snorkeling and swimming with the whale sharks with a certified guide at all times. With a little luck, we may get to see some manta rays, turtles, dolphins, sail fish and other magnificent animals too!
After this unique experience, we´ll provide fruit and sandwiches as we head back, we´ll stop at the north beach of Isla Mujeres for a delicious shrimp ceviche, guacamole and chips all prepared for your boat crew members, however if we end close to a really nice reef such as “Ixlaché” we may trade north beach for this beautiful and very alive reef snorkel.
If everything goes according to plan, we will be back to Isla Mujeres around 12:00 noon,
* Depending on conditions times may vary.
NOTE: all people booking online now will get the pics of the day for FREE! not enought? we guarantee you will see a whale shark.
IMPORTANT NOTES FYI!
We have 2 meeting points, first one is our base in Isla Mujeres, and second one is on mainland punta sam for all people staying in cancun, puerto morelos and playa del Carmen, so don’t hesitate to book if you are not in Isla Mujeres.
4 days before and 4 days after full moon it is expected to see more whale sharks than usual due to fishes’ spawns’ release.
FULL MOON 2024:
- May 23rd.
- June 21st.
- July 21st.
- August 19th.
- Sept 17th.
SUPER IMPORTANT NOTES FOR YOU.
OUR MAIN GOAL IS TO SWIM WITH WHALE SHARKS HOWEVER YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT WHALE SHARKS ARE NOT IN A CAGE OR IN CAPTIVITY, THEY ARE IN THE WILD, SO… WE MAY SEE ONLY ONE, WE MAY SEE ALOT OF THEM, VERY FEW OF THEM OR EVEN, IN SOME CASES (2% OF TIMES) NONE. WE ARE ON AN EXPEDITION!!!
– We are registered with the Department of Mexican Tourism.– We have a physical location with radio base for permanent communication with boats, not just ghosts in the web.-Our top-quality 33´ boats feature the best electronics, GPS, and a VHF radio for constant sea-to-shore communication. Rigorous, regular preventative maintenance ensures a trouble-free trip every time.-Our friendly, professional guides are multilingual.– WE START AT 7AM TO BE THE FIRST ONES in the area. We attempt to locate our own whale shark to avoid other tourists. This allows our clients to enjoy the adventure longer and provides a less stressful experience for the whale sharks.-We are a local, family-owned business offering better rates and customer service than the larger, corporate companies. We want to see you again!-We believe in giving back to our community. With donations to several helping associations.-Your tour includes a light breakfast, light lunch on board. On the return trip, we stop at Isla Mujeres for swimming, delicious fish or shrimp ceviche and chips.NOTE: IF YOU ARE STAYING IN ISLA MUJERES ALREADY, WE DO NOT TAKE YOU TO MAINLAND TO PICK UP PEOPLE.
- Transportation round trip from cancun, puerto morelos and Playa del carmen
- Sighting guarantee, if you don´t see a whale shark you can come again.
- Light breakfast, Coffee, Tea, fruit, bread.
- Certified guide in spanish and English, for other languages please ask.
- Drinks bottled water and soft drinks.
- Food fish or shrimp ceviche, fruit, sandwiches and guacamole and chips, for Vegetarians please inform us.
- Snorkel gear, mask, tube, fins and life vest.
- prescription glasses under request.
- Two engines boats featuring the best electronics, GPS, and VHF radio for constant sea-to-shore communication.
- Time 2.5 hours approx. in whale sharks feeding area.
- Photos of the day, for free!
We are including everything you need for the activity, so we leave in your hands.
- The crew gratuities
- Rent of wet suits
- Purchase and use of long sleeves instead of polluting lotions
- Purchase and use of hat for sun protection instead of pollution lotions
It is extremely rare that we don’t see a whale shark (perhaps once or twice in a season) if you buy online directly with us you can come again, if you can´t come again this time you will get a no expiration certification to come again. we do not refund the tour payment since already made the expenses of transportation, gasoline, food, crew, etc. We always will ensure that you enjoy the rest of the experience.